Tuesday 14 May 2013

OUGD501 - Theory into Practice - Final images




The way I have bound the tissue together allows for a bottle stop to be attached simply to reinforce the design, where every other design decision was to communicate a theory I wanted to carry an element of design through to the overall product. 


The tissue has worked well in covering the darker brown wrapping, when revealed the paper still carries an aesthetic of alcohol packaging which I was inspired to recreate through my research. 



The trace wraps round the bottle well and the design decision to place the symbol of happiness on the outer layer with a question mark worked out exactly how I wanted it too. Upon reflection I would have ideally had one long roll of trace paper so there are no breaks between the sheets, this was only possible on a commercial scale which was unaffordable. The theory and ASA guidelines are still presented in a theoretical way however. 



The vinyl stickers came out very well and aesthetically strong on the dark background, I cured the stickers to the glass by heating with a heat gun.

The representation of the context through practical development of my work has not been executed to the highest standard however I have really enjoyed the challenge of displaying a theory of Barthes messages in advertising through a physical product. 




No comments:

Post a Comment